Sunday, April 4, 2010

Room With a View

Wow, I just read my last blog and I have to say folks, it's come a long way since then. I guess you're all wondering, did XBD and I stay together? Did we part ways? Did we remain friends? Are we no longer talking? What is it?

Well, here's the truth. XBD and I are still together. And our relationship is nothing like it was before. In December, I moved out of the place I had with my roomie. She was a great roommate, doing things for me of which I'm so very appreciative. But it was time for me to move on. My car officially died, and living in the suburbs was no longer working for me. Not to mention, XBD was never really comfortable there. He wasn't a factor, really. I wanted back to the city and when a friend of mine was moving out of her one bedroom apartment, I pounced.

About a month prior to this move, I had cheated and I think that was the turning point. I'm very honest, and told XBD about it and, of course, he wasn't happy. But I think it got him thinking and he realized that I wasn't going to just sit around and wait for him anymore. I'm an attractive, fun-loving woman, and I wanted to have some fun. XBD had always been my first choice, but I'm smart enough to know that if he's not feeling the same way about me, I had to move on. Please don't get it wrong, I was with someone else because I thought our relationship was ending, not because I was trying to hurt him.

XBD and his cousin helped me move. I've always hated moving and now I know why; it's because I didn't have those two guys helping me. The move was flawless. We came into the city on the first Friday in December. I showed XBD the apartment for the first time that day. It's a tiny little place and I'm always telling people it's the size of a tuna can. But it's something I can afford alone, and that's important. XBD loved it. We went out that evening, and the next day, we got started moving. I was afraid that our first stop, my ex-husband's, was going to be stressful. He had been a little ornery about the time I came but we worked everything out. I warned him ahead of time that my boyfriend would be helping. He was okay with it, as he now has a girlfriend (thank you God!). We went into the house and he wasn't there. We quickly moved out all the planned items (couch, loveseat, end table, bed, bar, and a cabinet) and he never showed up. We moved the items into the apartment and headed back to the old place to get our stuff. We were done by 8:00pm.

Once we got everything in, XBD made his way around the apartment to see where we would put everything. He walked in the bedroom and looked out the window and said, "Baby, we got us a room with a view!" And it was true. You can see the buildings of downtown from our bedroom. All those times we drove into the city, we'd come around the bend on 376 and he'd say, "there it is, the most beautiful sight in the world". He really loves Pittsburgh and he was just overwhelmed by the view of his new bedroom.

Since that move, we've been together ever since. We live in the city now, which XBD absolutely loves. Of course, I love it too. I'm a big city girl, and I spent enough time in Westmoreland County. Every day that he's not working, XBD gets up and offers to make me breakfast. He also makes a nice lunch for me and puts love notes in my lunch. Yes, every single day. Every night, he meets me after work and walks me home. We get home and just talk and spend the evening together. Saturday mornings, or whenever the mood hits us, we put music on and dance in the living room. Sometimes it's slow dancing, sometimes it out-right booty-shaking, hip-swinging, club music. We have so much fun together. Even when one of us is gone for just a few hours, the other will text saying "miss you". And we really mean it.

There's something special that happens between XBD and I on quite a regular basis. Oh, get your mind out of the gutter, not that! Although that happens too. BUT, there will be times when he'll be sitting on the couch and I'll be walking past and he'll reach out and take my hand. I then come down and sit on the couch across his legs, and we hold each other. We sit like this for anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes, just holding each other quietly. I feel like these are the times where we really show each other how we feel. We don't say a word, we just hold each other.

Right now, XBD is back down in Florida. His mom has been really sick and he went to see her. I'll be going down to see them in five short days. We've spent three weeks apart, more than we've spent apart since that first weekend move. I really hate Florida, but I love him and he wants his family to meet me. When I come home four days later, he'll be coming with me.

Last night, I was doing things around the house. Since the weather was warmer, I had all the windows and blinds open to let the breeze air out the winter doldrums. While in the bedroom getting a suitcase, I happened to glance up and the view stopped me in my tracks. It was later afternoon and the sun was just starting to get lower in the sky. It illuminated the downtown buildings and it was just breathtaking. I was sad that XBD wasn't there to see it, so I took a picture.

Yes indeed Baby, we got us a room with a view.

No comments: